Monday 26 October 2009

More oh dears!

Friday 24th october 09

I felt mouldy and it was rainy & blowy. D was both spooky RB and dominant LB, flicking from one state to another in a moment. I was not patient at all and tried to push him through extreme FG with the bag (actually ok with that) then too soon into driving from Z4 - he didn't want to go here then there and I kept going to Ph 4 then he'd get spooky, lots of trying to get away and kicking his heels up. I really was not in the mood and ended up having a little weep I was so frustrated and wishing D was more straight forward.

Pulled myself together and chilled out a bit, at least the procupines from the nose were nice today!
Got some nice sideways but D was not impressed with me and neither was I! No way riding was an option so we left on a reasonable note ('though the next visit he turned and walked away from me which he hasn't done for ages!!! I looked at S and said "feedback!")

I felt like I was on a slippery slope down until I thought about the situation in "normal" terms - that is within my previous pre-parelli riding experience. If a horse was spooky (which O often was), I would ride round & round changing direction, moving forwards, transitions etc in an area of the school or field they felt safe in until the horse was with me & listening. I would not use my stick & try to force them where they did not want to go. So why was I doing that on the ground?
Felt a lot better as it all started to make sense and I could see where I'd gone wrong. Must try harder..............!

No comments:

Post a Comment