Tuesday 4 May 2010

Ride no 27 & 28 - twice in one day!! Down "horse alley" and ride no 4 in the field.

Mon 26th April 2010

I took D out in the morning down "horse alley". Actually, I went into the woods on the right first and rode away from home which was much more faltering than coming back. D kept his nose tipped to the right which he does when he's thinking about turning round!

I was fairly nonchalant and kept talking to him which he seemed to find reassuring. After a graze at the end, he walked back quickly but was listening and with no spooking.

I got off for the road (had Flick) and walked up and down HA. I adopted a much more upright and swaggering stance and D was great. No issues though, to be fair, it was a gorgeous day and the other horses were not interested in us. I got on D at the bottom and rode him back up which was nice.

Using stop and backup pattern a lot when riding as helps with thresholds and keeps D thinking.

In the eve, I went back up and rode in the field. I can't remember much about this now except that D was good! Still just in walk. Dis extreme FG with the ball, bouncing it on D's back. He got bored enough to graze so that was good!

No comments:

Post a Comment