Sunday 3 January 2010

Reflections

Just a few thoughts which have been going round my head - while they're still here!

Balance

I've been (trying) to read "Raise your hand of you love horses" - PP's life story. What strikes me most is how fearless the guy is - or at least in control of any nerves - and what a powerful impact this must have upon the horses he comes into contact with. As a professional rodeo rider, he didn't fall off for 7 years. That must make you pretty confident too!

So, this has made me think about my wobbly seat syndrome and how intertwined this is with my own nerves. I've mentioned it before but I still haven't actually done anything (apart from talk) about it. Riding in the BB pad is fab and has already had an impact on my balance but I'm sure I could do more. Not really up for riding a unicycle like PP and it can't cost much. Mmm. S has talked about core stability (don't have any of that but perhaps with some discipline!)

After reading about Pat's antics, my situation with D seems very tame. I've just got to learn to sit a buck! Maybe I should rig up a bucking barrel from the magnolia tree at the back!

Sideways

D did some of the best sideways ever when he was hyped up yesterday. He is a bit stiff laterally and doesn't put a lot of effort into crossing his hind legs usually but with the extra energy it was a different matter. Have to work out how to get this motivation when his adrenalin is down!

Future plans

I don't like to mention future plans in case they don't come off but S and I are hoping to go places (physically as well as metaphorically!) with the neds which I am really excited about. I hope with simple mileage it's all going to come together with D. I shall start watching my CA DVDs soon (got to find more time) and hopefully follow thr programme.

I'm also hoping to get my own tow vehicle....an offer has been accepted...have to wait & see.

No comments:

Post a Comment