Tuesday 6 April 2010

Extreme Friendly & zone 4 driving

Thurs 25th March 2010

Time has passed between the day and writing so hazy memory syndrome has set in! S not riding and I was short on time so I just stuck the b/b pad and halter on and went out. My focus after D's spooking was more extreme FG. Need to do one on-line session a week and incorporate extreme FG.

First I did some spook-busting with a blow-up goal of Sarahs's by the pine trees which D soon walked past. I hung it from the trees. D was a bit goggly at first but approach & retreat soon had him keen to have a look.

Then we went out. I can't remember which bag I used now...I do remember that D was alarmed about it to start with. Went down the road and into the woods on the right and down to the mare & foals field. The mare has still not had her foal and is huge. D grazed happily and they didn't come over so there was no excitement. I did FG the whole time practically so that I was able to get the bag on his back on the way home.

Started walking back in Z4 now, not yet behind D in Z5 but that's the aim. He's pretty good at it but does try to take advantage a bit and with one rein it means the C/S has to come into play and I'm not sure if I'm doing that right. Have so little time to watch TV, still trying to catch up with old recordings of Parelli and haven't watched the last 2 Savvy Club DVDs. Sigh...poor pupil!

No comments:

Post a Comment