Sunday 23 January 2011

The healing power of horses

Friday 14th Jan 2011

I felt so rough on this morning, really tired and down (my Gran died on 8th and it had been a long week). Adding to my gloomy mood was the foul weather. It was POURING!

Duncs had no rug on and was soaked through and, after huddling in the shed for 20 mins on the 'phone to S with the rain drumming on the roof, I decided to go home and get on with some of the million-and-one jobs waiting for me!

I actually walked to the gate to leave but was drawn back - twice! I really hate to waste an opportunity to do something with Duncs as I can't go up every day. I thought "I'll just take him for a walk down the road, spend some undemanding time together." I was doing it for Duncs rather than me as he loves to go out for a munch!

So, out we went. Luckily, on autopilot I put my hat on. Down the road, through the woods at the bottom on the right, Duncs was very keen...... Turning back for home, I felt the urge to jump aboard and, just before getting back to the road, found a handy log to do so.

Within moments of sitting on Duncs' soggy back, my jeans, pants et cetera were soaked through! Duncs & I looked like the raggle-taggle gypsies as we walked home, covered in mud, bedraggled and with just a halter on but within moments of getting on, I felt ON TOP OF THE WORLD!!!!

I've had a song going round my head for a couple of weeks which I've been singing about Duncs and I sung it all the way up the road! Get ready for a really cheesy moment.....Here it is:

You came in
That's what my little heart was looking for
Laughter in the rain
Feeling like a fool in love again
The laughter came
When the tears stopped falling
Now all I do is just call your name
You walked in and my heart discovered
That my life would never be the same
Oh, you are my destiny
You are my one and only
You gave that joy to me
When my whole life was lonely
Angel in disguise
With your power of love
You just hypnotize
I just love the magic of your spell
How much joy we'll have together
Only time will tell

Ahhh. I've revealed my soppy side now (and the fact I was a soul girl in the 80s!) Good old Lionel Rich Tea. (I have to say for the record though, I hated "Hello"!)

1 comment:

  1. What a fun post, Lucy! Glad you got to feel better on top of your horse :-)

    Petra Christensen
    Parelli 2Star Junior Instructor
    Parelli Central

    ReplyDelete