Sunday 13 December 2009

Extreme FG and a walk

Sunday 6th December 09

Got toys out and D was straight over to investigate. Definitely the best way to get him interested before haltering!

Great walk down the lane & back, really good extreme FG with the orange bag which at frist caused D to freeze up. By the end I was flapping it on his back and back end, always removing when he relaxed. By the time we got home, he was not bothered by it at all. Hurrah. Got to thinking of the things I could use for extreme FG. Everything has got to have a handle or be easily carried so I can go out with it:

Helium balloons
space hopper
Sheet
Bin bag/feed bags
UMBRELLA!!

When we came back, I waited by Joan's to look at her horses. Oh boy, D got into stallion mode, Boy can his life come up quickly and his tail completely kinked over his back. Had to out the bag down and send him back and forth a lot until he stood still. Joan's horses were trotting about a bit and Moet started calling so it was all high energy.

This has got me thinking I must take D to some shows in the Summer, he's just beside himself with excitement at seeing strange horses. I expect it will be very challenging for me but it's got to be done!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment